This course was designed for:
- Trained Industry Technicians
- Vocational School Instructors and Students
- All Members of the Heating Industry
There are many things to consider that can either determine safe, efficient performance of an oil burner or can set the appliance up for trouble in the future. In Introduction to Burner Performance Factors & Troubleshooting, we’ll take a look at three (3) core factors that can impact combustion and how to apply the knowledge of each when troubleshooting. This course consists of four (4) lessons, each designed to build on one another. A short quiz will follow each lesson. When you’ve completed the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of draft and draft regulators.
- How to size and install correctly
- Understand nozzle spray patterns and angles
- Know how to test for a balanced fuel-to-air mix vs fuel lean / air rich vs fuel rich / air lean.
- Understand oil atomization and its importance to proper combustion
- Troubleshoot common issues you may come across in the field